Gluten-Free Oat Flour Roti
Did you know that regular oats can often be contaminated with gluten?
We learned this lesson the hard way.
Gluten-Free Oat Flour
I first made oat roti (unleavened flatbread) by grinding up oats that I found in the bulk section of a grocery store. The flour seemed pliable and easy to work with, and I was very happy with the results. My husband loved the taste, but unfortunately, it didn’t sit well with him. He has celiac disease so his symptoms flared up.
I didn’t want to give up on oat flour, so I went out and bought specifically labeled gluten-free oats. Viola – reaction-free flatbread!
The Best Gluten-Free Flatbread Recipes!
I know there many families dealing with celiac disease, gluten-intolerance, or many other auto-immune issues. But we can all tackle it together! Gluten-free flatbreads to the rescue!
Pictured here: My husband eating oat flour roti with achaar (mixed pickle).
Some uses for these gluten-free flatbreads:
- Gluten-Free Chapati/Roti
- Flatbread with a variety of toppings
- Wraps (most of them are very pliable)
- There’s also a gluten-free naan recipe that’s very easy to work with.
This Gluten-Free Flatbread E-book also contains tips and tricks for working with gluten-free flours and detailed step-by-step instructions with the beginner in mind. There’s really nothing like fresh, homemade flatbread, and these recipes make it possible for those who would like to eat gluten-free.
Some curries that are just better with roti, naan, or flatbread:
- Easy Slow Cooker Nihari – With Gluten-Free Option
- Easier Slow Cooker Haleem – Gluten-Free
- Baingan Bharta – Smoked Eggplant Curry – Naturally Gluten-Free
- Easy Mixed Vegetable Curry – Naturally Gluten-Free