Baked Peri Peri Chicken Tenders with Green Beans
These Baked Peri Peri Chicken Tenders with Masala Green Beans are a quick and easy sheet pan dinner the entire family will love.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 4 people
For the Chicken Marinade
- 2 tbsp plain, whole milk yogurt
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp crushed ginger
- 1/4 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp Urban Accents Mozambique Peri Peri blend (add another teaspoon for extra spicy tenders)
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
For the Green Beans
- ½ lb green beans ends trimmed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½-1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Urban Accents Kashmir Garam Masala Seasoning
- 1/8 tsp Urban Accents Mozambique Peri Peri blend
- 1/8 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
For the Chicken
- 1 lb chicken tenders sliced into 4” long and 1” wide strips (10-12 pieces)
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs (I use gluten-free)
- extra virgin olive oil or spray as needed
- 1 tbsp cilantro or parsley leaves finely chopped (optional, for garnish)
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. If necessary, pat the chicken tenders dry with a paper towel.
In a medium bowl, mix together the yogurt, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, Urban Accents Mozambique Peri Peri blend, black pepper, and salt. Add the chicken pieces and toss to coat in the marinade. Set aside. You can also cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
Lay the green beans on the prepared baking sheet and top with the rest of the ingredients listed under green beans. Use your hands to mix well to combine and transfer to one side of the baking sheet. Set aside.
Whisk the egg in a shallow, wide bowl. Place the breadcrumbs in another shallow bowl. Generously drizzle olive oil over the remaining half of the baking sheet.
One at a time, take the marinated chicken tenders and transfer to the egg mixture. Coat both sides, shaking off any excess, and then dredge both sides into the breadcrumbs. Place the chicken tenders on the baking sheet.
Top with a spray or drizzle of olive oil. Be generous with the oil to prevent dry tenders.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, and then use tongs to turn each piece of chicken and toss around the green beans. Bake for another 8-10 minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and the green beans are lightly browned. Remove from the oven and garnish with cilantro or parsley and a sprinkle of Urban Accents Mozambique Peri Peri blend, if desired. Serve immediately with ketchup or other sauce of choice.