Easy Mixed Vegetable Curry
This Easy Mixed Vegetable Curry is perfect as a weeknight dinner or side dish. It comes together with very little effort with ingredients you have on hand. Vegan and Gluten-Free!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small to medium onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ inch piece ginger crushed
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 small green chili pepper chopped
- 3-4 small carrots chopped less than ¼ inch wide (around 1 cup)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 medium to large potato cubed into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder or more to taste
- 3/4 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1 tbsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi) crushed
- 1 tbsp cilantro leaves chopped, for garnish
Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until golden brown, about 7-8 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and sauté until the raw smell disappears, about a minute.
Add the rest of the ingredients listed under curry and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
Lower the heat to a little higher than the lowest setting and cover the pan with the lid. Let the vegetables cook for about 25 minutes or until they are well done. Check once in between and stir to ensure even cooking. Taste and add salt, if needed. If you’re afraid the vegetables will stick to the bottom of the pan, add a splash of water. But the goal is to let the vegetables steam in their own juices.
Garnish with crushed fenugreek leaves and cilantro and mix gently to combine. Serve with any type of bread or rice.