Coconut Raspberry Cacao Bliss Balls
These coconut cacao date balls are quick, easy and nutritious as a snack or dessert. They're perfect for kids and make a wonderful Valentine's day treat.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 1 dozen bliss balls
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil melted and at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cup (around 12) pitted Medjool dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- small handful crushed freeze-dried raspberries plus more for garnish
- pinch cardamom powder optional
- shredded coconut for garnish
Add the walnuts and shredded coconut in a food processor. Process until the walnuts have broken down well. Add the rest of the ingredients except the garnish and process until the mixture is combined well, about 2 minutes.
Divide the mixture into tablespoon sized balls. Roll the balls in crushed freeze-dried raspberries and coconut to coat them.
Cover and store them in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes so the oil can solidify.