Curried Kale and Potato Green Soup
This curried kale soup is easy to make, warming, nutrient-dense, and infused with ghee and spices.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 russet potatoes peeled and cut into thin slices to make them boil faster
- 1 quart 32 fl oz chicken stock
- 1 bunch ½ pound organic red or green kale, stems removed and roughly chopped using your hands
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper powder
- pinch cayenne or red chilli powder
In a large saucepan, heat the ghee over medium heat and add the kale. Cook until the kale is soft and dark, about 8-10 minutes.
Lower the heat to the lowest setting, add the spices and sauté for about 15-20 seconds. Remove the kale from the pan and set aside.
In the same pan, add the chicken stock and chopped potatoes. Raise the heat to high and bring to a boil, and then lower the heat and allow the potatoes to simmer until cooked, about 10 minutes. Add the kale and salt.
Transfer the contents to a blender and blend until smooth and uniform. Serve with crackers, croutons, or anything else to add some crunch!