Stir-Fried Soba Noodles with Vegetables - Gluten Free
Soba noodles are Japanese noodles made with buckwheat flour. These noodles are gluten-free and taste excellent when stir-fried with vegetables in this nutritious, delicious, and easy recipe.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 2 -3
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free oyster sauce optional
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or regular salt or more to taste
- 6 cloves garlic crushed
- 3/4 inch ginger crushed
- 1 small green chili pepper (I use Serrano) thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 8 ounces (227 grams) 100% whole buckwheat soba noodles
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame you will cook these with the soba noodles
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or other neutral oil
- 2 eggs hard boiled
- 5 ounces (41 grams) fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced or chopped
- 1/2 cup baby carrots sliced
- juice of 1/4 of a lime
Combine stock, soy sauce, rice vinegar, oyster sauce, sugar and salt in a small bowl. Stir well. Combine garlic, ginger, green chili and red pepper flakes in another bowl and set aside.
In a large pot, cook the soba noodles according to package directions. Add the edamame to the same pot. Be sure not to overcook the noodles as they do break more easily. Drain and toss with the 2 teaspoons of toasted sesame oil.
Heat the oil in a wok over high heat. Add the garlic, ginger, green chili and red pepper mixture. Stir-fry for about 5 seconds and add the sliced baby carrots and shiitake mushrooms. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the edamame, the noodles, and the stock mixture. Reduce heat to medium and mix, stirring only as necessary. Turn off the heat and sprinkle with lime juice. Serve with a wedge of lime and hard-boiled eggs.