The "Actually Good" Kale Salad
My sister came up to me confused after tasting this salad and said: "kale isn't supposed to taste good". Not with this recipe. It's actually good!
Servings 1 -2
- 1 bunch organic kale (about 14 oz) ribs removed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar or other preferred vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of red chili powder
- 2 radishes thinly sliced into strips
- 1/2 large avocado chopped
- 1 small tomato chopped
- handful pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 tsp honey (optional)
Tear the kale into bite-sized pieces and place into a salad bowl.
Add the olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt and red chili powder and use your hands to massage the kale with this mixture.
Add the radishes, avocado, tomato and pomegranate seeds and mix. Wait at least 15 minutes before serving.