I’m stressed! You’re Stressed! We’re all stressed!
As exciting as the holidays are, they are also..well..stressful.
I often indulge in this Ayurvedic drink when I want to calm and relax my nerves. It helps me slow down and enjoy the process of preparing for what’s coming. After all, anticipation is a joy in itself. 🙂
This is how these powerful ingredients work together to create the calming effect of this drink:
- Almonds help strengthen and nourish our bodies. They also help reduce blood pressure.
- Saffron has been used in Ayurveda for anxiety and in Mediterranean cultures as an antidepressant. It also improves circulation and helps treat insomnia and respiratory problems.
- Cardamom enhances digestion and is used in Ayurveda for warmth and balance.
Calming Cardamom and Saffron Almond Milk
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk homemade or store bought
- 3 cardamom pods cracked open and crushed, or about 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- pinch saffron
- honey to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat and heat just under a boil.
- Turn off the heat and let it simmer for a minute.
- Strain into a mug.